Guide to Being an International Buddy
Thank you for your interest in Partner@PSL,
the voluntary-based Buddy program of PSL, which aims at helping you
settle in Paris in the best possible conditions.
What to expect from your “Local Buddy”:
- Getting in touch with you as soon as they get the email with your name and contact details;
- Welcoming you at the airport or the train station when you arrive in France with a “welcome pack” (sim card, metro ticket, cinema ticket, PSL goodies);
- Meeting you at least once before the beginning of the academic year to help you with administrative procedures if needed;
- Showing you your new school before the beginning of the academic year;
- Having lunch with you at the CROUS to show you the student restaurant service;
- Showing you their favorite place in Paris.
We encourage you to take the initiative to plan activities with
your local Buddy even after the beginning of the academic year.
What’s in it for me?
- Connecting with a PSL student before you even arrive in Paris and having the opportunity to ask them questions!
- Being less stressed about airport-accommodation transfer (plus, you get an awesome welcome pack !!)
- Practicing your French!
- Learning about French culture
As a “International Buddy”, you are a representative
of PSL University, and thus you are:
- Expected to act in ways that are consistent with the role and guiding values of the University, and that does not impede or prejudice the work of other members of the community.
- Expected to act with integrity and demonstrate respect for others.
Please note that your Local Buddy is a volunteer and is not paid to help you.
My “Local Buddy” isn’t answering my emails.
We first will try to contact your “Local Buddy”, and If they don’t answer, then we will match you with another new “Local Buddy”.
Will my “Local Buddy” pay for my metro tickets to get back from the airport or my lunch at the CROUS ?
No, they are here to help you and guide you, but they will not pay for you.
I don’t feel comfortable with my “Local Buddy”, who can I talk to?
If you have any concerns or questions, reach out to the PSL Welcome Desk team: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have not been matched with anyone... What to do?
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee we can find a “Local Buddy” for you. However, be ensured that we will do our very best !